IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN THE SPRING EDITION OF THE COUCH TO 5K STARTING MONDAY, MARCH 25, 2013 AT 6PM PLEASE CONTACT US. If we have to postpone because of weather please call 508-596-1121.
NOTE: Due to popular demand the ConnectingPoint Marlborough Couch to 5K is being relocated to the Assabet River Rail Trail next to 72 Jefferson Street in Marlborough starting Monday, April 1. There is a municipal parking lot at 40 Hudson Street. Same time just a different location in Marlborough and there are no public bathrooms at this location.
Do you have a family member or friend who wants to get in shape but doesn't know how to start? Help get them walking or jogging.
We have 2 groups this Spring:
- Our Walking Group will exercise and encourage one another towards walking a 5K.
- Our Jogging Group has a goal of jogging a 5K on June 1st in Hudson.
Using CoolRunning.com’s Couch To 5K program we introduce people to jogging and getting fit. The program gradually moves you from walking at your own pace to jogging at your own pace.
- FREE 10-week program to get you from the couch to running a 5K (3.1 miles).
- Anyone from the community can participate. Led by experienced runners.
- Mondays-Thursdays 6pm-6:35pm; Sundays 8am-8:35am
- 35 minute time commitment (3 days a week)
- Goal of jogging and finishing a 5K near Marlborough
REVIEWS FROM PARTICIPANTS AT THE SPRING EDITION
(On Meetup.com from March-April 2013)
"Fantastic" - Cyril
"Excellent!" - Amie
"Love it!" - Krystal
"Excellent" - Elsa
"Beginning was a challenge because of the cold, but I like challenges and look forward to becoming a runner!" - Erica
"Really enjoyed my first day!" - Mary Ellen
"Wonderful instructors and participants! I'm so glad I found this group. Thank you!" - Tammy
"Well organized, good leaders, fun to train in a group" - Lonnie
Please Like us on the Marlborough Couch to 5K on Facebook.
Watch a little bit of the Stow Gobbler Thanksgiving Day 5K to get an idea what a a race looks like.
(Please consult your doctor if you have a health or medical condition that prevents you from exercising.)
Health benefits of exercise:
- Interviews from running at the Stow Gobbler 5K (Community Advocate)
- Fitness Program at Ghiloni Park (Main Street Journal)
- Marlborough church group hopes to get residents 'off the couch' (Community Advocate)
- The Benefits of Middle-Aged Fitness (NY Times)
- Running Slows the Aging Clock (Stanford University)
- 6 Benefits of Running (Active.com)
- 42% of adults could be obese in America by 2030 (NBC Nightly News)
- Accelerating Progress in Obesity Prevention: Solving the Weight of the Nation (Institute of Medicine)